- NO Vacation Bible School this summer 2020.
- Herrera will no longer live stream the Sunday 9:30 a.m. mass.
- Missalettes will be placed at the back of the San Juan church for you to take home for the next two weeks or until they run out. We will have a few in the office for those that are not attending mass in person.
Mass Schedule for San Juan Bautista and Tewa Missions Beginning June 13th
San Juan Mass Schedule
5:30 PM (SJ)
7:30 AM (SJ), 9:00 AM (SJ), 11:00 AM (AL), 1:00 PM (SJ Latin), and 5:30 PM (SJ Spanish)
Monday - Friday
8:00 AM (Latin - Lourdes Chapel)
6:00 PM (English - SJ Main Church)
Note: Mass intentions that were paid for the 7:00 AM masses (M, W, F) will now be offered at the 6:00 PM mass.
(Attendance capacity of 25% is still in effect per Archbishop.)
Tewa Mission Mass Schedule:
Sunday 9:30 AM (Santa Clara) - No mass on Saturday
Pending - San Ildefonso
Pending - San Diego (Tesuque)
CONFESSIONS AT SAN JUAN
EVERY SATURDAY FROM 3:30 PM - 5:00 PM &
EVERY THURSDAY FROM 5:15 PM TO 5:45 PM
Returning to Mass
- Sick/symptomatic stay home, as well as those with health vulnerabilities or weakened immune systems.
- Face masks are required for children age 3 and over. Parents are highly recommended NOT to bring children less than 3 years old. Persons without masks will be turned away until they can obtain one.
- Encourage attendees to bring their own disinfecting supplies to assist the parish during/between Masses.
- Prepare Children: Children 3 and older must have a mask and understand the need to wear it, having social distancing explained to them. Small children need to be with an adult at all times and not allowed to wander or visit with neighboring persons/families. Children younger than 10 should be accompanied by a responsible adolescent/adult at all times, including in the restroom.
- Let persons know if masks/sanitizer available and that they are required.
- Persons with allergies who are sneezing/coughing please refrain from attending out of charity to others.
Directive Letter from Archbishop John C. Wester PRINT/VIEW
Secure Online Giving
A big thank you to all of you who are using our online giving option during this time in which we cannot open our doors for Sunday Mass. For those of you unable to do so I ask that we continue to unite together in prayer that we will soon be able to gather again for the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass. I recommend using the Memorare and the Prayer to St. Michael. If you need anything, please call the office during office hours or the priests on their phones at all other times.
Church/Lourdes Shrine Open
The Church or the Lourdes Shrine will be OPEN for private prayer Monday-Friday from 7:00 AM - 12:00 noon.
On the warmer days it will likely be the Lourdes Shrine that will be open.
Please feel free to come in. - Fr. Herrera
Prayer during the Corona virus threat
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thine intercession was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my mother; to thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me.
An Act of Spiritual Communion
My Jesus, I believe that Thou art present in the Blessed Sacrament.
I love Thee above all things, and I desire Thee in my soul.
Since I cannot now receive Thee sacramentally, come at least spiritually into my heart. As though Thou wert already there, I embrace Thee and unite myself wholly to Thee; permit not that I should ever be separated from Thee.
Reflection for 5 July
Reflection for 5 July
14th Sunday in Ordinary time
Reflection by Fr. Jose G. Herrera
Fourth of July weekend! What does it mean for us as Catholics? At the time of the American Revolution the number of Catholics in the 13 Colonies was very small and they were not generally seen in a positive light by the majority of the population. And yet, despite this hostility, the first Catholics of the colonies eagerly joined the fight for American Freedom, serving, leading and dying in disproportionate numbers. This love of country and willingness to serve has continued to our own day and age. When I served in the Army I was always amazed at the number of high ranking officers who were Catholic and the large number of military members who professed and practiced the Catholic faith. Everywhere I went, the largest congregation on post was the Catholic congregation. It was in the Catholic Masses on post that you would find the greatest diversity. The army itself is highly representative of the diversity of our country but it was in our Catholic congregations on post that this was most evident. Our congregations included people from almost every nationality, ethnicity and gender. I was always proud of that. We should be proud this weekend of all the men and women who have served in our nation’s armed services since our declaration of independence, but we should be especially grateful to the Catholics who served lead and even died, in disproportionate numbers, so that we might be a free people. Let’s take the time, this weekend, to be a grateful and thankful nation. Be proud that you live in this free land and be proud of your Catholic faith!
Reflexión para el 5 de julio
14o Domingo en tiempo ordinario
Reflexiónpor el P.JoséG.Herrera
¡Fin de semana del 4 de julio! ¿Qué significa para nosotros como católicos? En la época de la Revolución Americana el número de Católicos en las 13 colonias era muy pequeño y generalmente no eran vistos en una luz positiva por la mayoría de la población. Y, sin embargo, a pesar de esta hostilidad, los primeros Católicos de las colonias se unieron enérgicamente a la lucha por la libertad estadounidense, sirviendo, liderando y muriendo en cantidades desproporcionadas. Este amor por el país y la voluntad de servir ha continuado hasta nuestros días. Cuando serví en el ejército, siempre me sorprendió ver el número de oficiales de alto rango que eran católicos y el gran número de miembros militares que profesaban y practicaban la fe católica. Dondequiera que iba, la congregación más grande en la base militar era la congregación católica. Fue en las Misas Católicas en la base que se encontraba la mayor diversidad. El ejército en sí es muy representativo de la diversidad de nuestro país, pero fue en nuestras congregaciones católicas donde esto era más evidente. Nuestras congregaciones incluían personas de casi todas las nacionalidades, etnias y géneros. Siempre estuve orgulloso de eso. Debemos estar orgullosos este fin de semana de todos los hombres y mujeres que han servido en los servicios armados de nuestra nación desde nuestra declaración de independencia, pero debemos estar especialmente agradecidos a los católicos que sirvieron, fueron lideres e incluso murieron, en un número desproporcionado, para que podamos ser un pueblo libre. Tomemos el tiempo, este fin de semana, para ser una nación agradecida. ¡Esten orgullosos de vivir en esta tierra libre y estén orgullosos de su fe Católica!
How do new parishioners register for an account?
ACA 2020 Annual Catholic Appeal
Readings for the week of June 28, 2020
- Sunday: 2 Kgs 4:8-11, 14-16a / Ps 89:2-3, 16-17, 18-19 [2a] / Rom 6:3-4, 8-11 / Mt 10:37-42
- Monday: Acts 12:1-11 / Ps 34:2-3, 4-5, 6-7, 8-9 [5b] / 2 Tm 4:6-8, 17-18 / Mt 16:13-19
- Tuesday: Am 3:1-8; 4:11-12 / Ps 5:4b-6a, 6b-7, 8 [9a] / Mt 8:23-27
- Wednesday: Am 5:14-15, 21-24 / Ps 50:7, 8-9, 10-11, 12-13, 16bc-17 [23b] / Mt 8:28-34
- Thursday: Am 7:10-17 / Ps 19:8, 9, 10, 11 [10cd] / Mt 9:1-8
- Friday: Eph 2:19-22 / Ps 117:1bc, 2 [Mk 16:15] / Jn 20:24-29
- Saturday: Am 9:11-15 / Ps 85:9ab and 10, 11-12, 13-14 [cf. 9b] / Mt 9:14-17
- Next Sunday: Zec 9:9-10 / Ps 145:1-2, 8-9, 10-11, 13-14 [cf. 1] / Rom 8:9, 11-13 / Mt 11:25-30
- Fr. Jose Geronimo Herrera, Parish Administrator
- Fr. Nathan Lopez, Parochial Vicar
- Deaon Miguel Salazar, Deacon
- Deacon John Bird, Deacon
- Deacon Greg Aguilar, Deacon and Deacon of the Front Desk
- Rose Gallegos, Bookkeeper / Office Manager
- Robert Gress, Mainenance Manager
- Alice Martinez, Bulletin Editor
- Website Editor, Website Editor
ASF Abuse Awareness Course
ASF Abuse Awareness Course click here
The Archdiocese of Santa Fe policy mandates that all volunteers attend the Abuse Awareness Training for Adults.
People of God
People of God online click here