5th Mini Drawing - Congratulations Sylvia Herrera, (Env #3152)
4th Mini Drawing - Congratulations Rubel & Carla Baca!
Parish News - Updated 5/25/2021
- The Parish office hours have returned to normal (Mon-Fri: 9-12 & 1-4).
- The next mini drawing for the 2021 Raffle Fundraiser is Tuesday, 6/15/2021 at 1:00 p.m. Click here to read letter from Fr. Herrera. This drawing is for people that sell three (3) books by June 14th, 1:00 p.m. The winner will receive $200.00 plus a gift certificate for a massage. Please stop by the office if you need more tickets.
- The ACA Report as of 5/25/2021 has been posted, scroll down to view.
- April 2021 Monthly Financial Report has been posted. Please select the “Finance Reports” tab.
San Juan Bautista YouTube & Facebook
We have changed the livestreaming Sunday mass from 7:30 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. beginning May 30th. Please select San Juan Bautista Parish and Tewa Missions to watch on YouTube.
You can also find us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/sanjuan.bautista.39904.
An Act of Spiritual Communion
My Jesus, I believe that Thou art present in the Blessed Sacrament.
I love Thee above all things, and I desire Thee in my soul.
Since I cannot now receive Thee sacramentally, come at least spiritually into my heart. As though Thou wert already there, I embrace Thee and unite myself wholly to Thee; permit not that I should ever be separated from Thee.
Prayer during the Corona virus threat
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thine intercession was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my mother; to thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me.
Reflection for 13 June
Reflection for 13 June 2021
Eleventh Sunday in Ordinary Time
Fr. Nathan Lopez
My dear brothers and sisters, today’s readings reflect something that I have been carrying in my heart lately. Lately, I have been anxious about the future and about how God will cleanse me from some things that I am attached to. I am afraid that I won’t have the strength to follow God and to give my whole life to him. I realize, though, that I am looking beyond myself and God. I am looking and trying to figure out something I am not called to figure out. The readings speak about God’s power to save us and to shape us. God alone has the power to save us and we trying to figure it out beyond the present moment is not good. We always have to remember that God has infinite power and knowledge. He knows what he is doing, and he knows our wounds inside and out. He alone knows how to do it. The one thing he needs us to do is to always go to him and entrust our hearts to him. That is the only way to do the will of God and to know his will. It doesn’t matter if we are perfect. In fact, perfection in following God’s will doesn’t exist for us sinners. We make mistakes, we hit walls, and we are crushed by our wounds. We are simply too weak to save ourselves. That is why we need God. God can cleanse us and prune us. It is his deepest desire to save us. So ultimately our trust needs to be in his love. He is our father after all! He loves us so much, and his fatherly love is always working to heal and cleanse. Let us trust in God as our Father and know that his fatherly love is all we need to be saved!
Reflexión para el 13 de junio de
Undécimo Domingo del Tiempo Ordinario
Mis queridos hermanos y hermanas, las lecturas de hoy reflejan algo que he estado llevando en mi corazón últimamente. Últimamente, he estado ansioso por el futuro y por cómo Dios me limpiará de algunas cosas a las que estoy apegado. Me temo que no tendré la fuerza para seguir a Dios y darle toda mi vida. Sin embargo, me doy cuenta de que estoy mirando más allá de mí mismo y de Dios. Estoy buscando y tratando de averiguar algo que no estoy llamado a averiguar. Las lecturas hablan sobre el poder de Dios para salvarnos y moldearnos. Solo Dios tiene el poder de salvarnos y tratar de resolverlo más allá del momento presente no es bueno. Siempre tenemos que recordar que Dios tiene un poder y conocimiento infinitos. Él sabe lo que está haciendo, y conoce nuestras heridas pr dentro y por fuera. Sólo él sabe cómo hacerlo. Lo único que él necesita que hagamos es ir siempre a él y confiarle nuestros corazones. Esa es la única manera de hacer la voluntad de Dios y conocer su voluntad. No importa si somos perfectos. De hecho, la perfección en seguir la voluntad de Dios no existe para nosotros los pecadores. Cometemos errores, chocamos con paredes y somos aplastados por nuestras heridas. Simplemente somos demasiado débiles para salvarnos a nosotros mismos. Es por eso por lo que necesitamos a Dios. Dios puede limpiarnos y podarnos. Es su deseo más profundo de salvarnos. Así que, en última instancia, nuestra confianza debe estar en su amor. ¡Él es nuestro padre después de todo! Él nos ama tanto y su amor paterno siempre está trabajando para sanar y limpiar. ¡Confiemos en Dios como nuestro Padre y sepamos que su amor paterno es todo lo que necesitamos para ser salvos!
ACA Report as of 5/25/2021
Annual Catholic Appeal (ACA) Information
San Juan Bautista and Tewa Missions Goal for 2021 is $29,600.
The Annual Catholic Appeal (ACA) for 2021 campaign has begun. If you did not receive an ACA envelope in the mail, there are some located at the back of the church. You can place the completed form and envelope in the collection basket. It is best to use a check when using the envelopes.
DONATE NOW - Make a one-time donation, or set up a payment plan with a frequency that is convenient for you.
PLEDGE HERE - Not yet ready to donate: Make your pledge herre, and we will send you regular pledge balance reminders.
If you prefer to make your pledge or donation over the phone, please call 505.831.8138, or click here to contact ACA directly. Please provide your name and phone #, and if you would like to talk with a Spanish-speaking representative.
Schedule for Accepting Mass Intentions
Mass Intention Helpful Guidelines
- Mass intentions must be requested two weeks in advance to ensure it gets into the bulletin.
- The suggested mass stipend offering is $10 per mass.
- Three (3) intentions can be offered per mass stipend.
- Mass intention requests must be done in the parish office. no mass intention or money shall be accepted outside the office.
- Parishioners can request mass intentions by using the "Mass Intention Envelopes" located at the back of the church and placed in the collection basket. If envelopes are used, please be sure to include a phone number.
A big thank you to all of you who are using our online giving option. During this time of church occupancy limits as well as for those not ready to attend in-person Sunday Mass, this option may be one you might consider. I recommend using the Memorare and the Prayer to St. Michael. If you need anything, please call the office during office hours or the priests on their phones at all other times.
Fr. Jose Herrera
How do new parishioners register for an account?
Readings for the week of June 20, 2021
- Sunday: Jb 38:1, 8-11 / Ps 107:23-24, 25-26, 28-29, 30-31 [1b] / 2 Cor 5:14-17 / Mk 4:35-41
- Monday: Gn 12:1-9 / Ps 33:12-13, 18-19, 20 and 22  / Mt 7:1-5
- Tuesday: Gn 13:2, 5-18 / Ps 15:2-3a, 3bc-4ab, 5 [1b] / Mt 7:6, 12-14
- Wednesday: Gn 15:1-12, 17-18 / Ps 105:1-2, 3-4, 6-7, 8-9 [8a] / Mt 7:15-20
- Thursday: Vigil: Jer 1:4-10 / Ps 71:1-2, 3-4, 5-6, 15, 17 [6b] / 1 Pt 1:8-12 / Lk 1:5-17
- Day: Is 49:1-6 / Ps 139:1-3, 13-14, 14-15 [14a] / Acts 13:22-26 / Lk 1:57-66, 80
- Friday: Gn 17:1, 9-10, 15-22 / Ps 128:1-2, 3, 4-5  / Mt 8:1-4
- Saturday: Gn 18:1-15 / Lk 1:46-47, 48-49, 50 and 53, 54-55 [cf. 54b] / Mt 8:5-17
- Next Sunday: Wis 1:13-15; 2:23-24 / Ps 30:2, 4, 5-6, 11, 12, 13 [2a] / 2 Cor 8:7, 9, 13-15 / http://www.usccb.org/bible/readings/062821.cfm
- Mk 5: 21-43 or 5:21-24, 35b-43
- Fr. Jose Geronimo Herrera, Parish Administrator
- Fr. Nathan Lopez, Parochial Vicar
- Deaon Miguel Salazar, Deacon
- Deacon John Bird, Deacon
- Deacon Greg Aguilar, Deacon
- Rose Gallegos, Office Manager/Bookkeeper
- Monica Naranjo, Receptionist
- Robert Gress, Mainenance Manager
- Alice Martinez, Bulletin Editor
- Website Editor, Website Editor
ASF Abuse Awareness Course
ASF Abuse Awareness Course click here
The Archdiocese of Santa Fe policy mandates that all volunteers attend the Abuse Awareness Training for Adults.
People of God
People of God online click here