SVDP Work Highlighted
Parish News - Updated 7/26/2021
- Religious Education registration will start August 9th for all ages. Classes will commence mid-September. Please look at the bulletin, Facebook or this website for any updated information.
- The Parish office will be CLOSED Friday, August 13th and Monday, August 16th in honor of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary.
- The ACA Report as of 6/23/2021 has been posted, scroll down to view.
- May 2021 Monthly Financial Report has been posted. Please select the “Finance Reports” tab.
San Juan Bautista YouTube & Facebook
We have changed the livestreaming Sunday mass from 7:30 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. beginning May 30th. Please select San Juan Bautista Parish and Tewa Missions to watch on YouTube.
You can also find us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/sanjuan.bautista.39904.
Reflection for 25 July
Reflection for 25 July 2021
Seventeenth Sunday in Ordinary Time
Deacon John Bird
What is truly happening here? Jn. 6:1-15
Our life each and every day is dependent on the food we eat. Jesus prepares for us the spiritual food we will need to nourish our spiritual life in preparation for eternal life with Jesus. Without Jesus Christ in our lives, we are hungry and starving; something is missing, and our lives are empty. After giving thanks, he feeds all the people with 5 barley loaves of bread and 2 fish. Consider this—the real miracle is the gift that happens at every sacrifice of the mass that is celebrated. He gathers us to his mountain and feeds us with the Holy Eucharist. This is what he was preparing us for, an understanding of how he would feed our souls, strengthening us for eternal life. This is the beginning of a teaching that is difficult for Christians then and now. His food will be the Holy Eucharist, his body and blood under the appearance of bread and wine. To understand the Holy Eucharist, ask yourself these questions about today’s Gospel:
--Do you believe in Jesus’ Divine Authority?
--Do you believe Jesus knows our needs?
--Do you believe Jesus has an immense love for us?
“For my flesh is true food and my blood is true drink.” (Jn. 6:55)
Do you truly believe? Blessed are you.
Reflexión para el 25 de julio de 2021
17mo Domingo del Tiempo Ordinario
Deácono John Bird
¿Qué está sucediendo realmente aquí? Jn. 6:1-15
Nuestra vida todos los días depende de los alimentos que comemos. Jesús nos prepara para el alimento espiritual que necesitaremos para nutrir nuestra vida espiritual en preparación para la vida eterna con Jesús. Sin Jesucristo en nuestras vidas, estamos hambrientos; algo falta y nuestras vidas están vacías. Después de dar las gracias, Jesús alimenta a toda la gente con 5 panes y 2 peces. Considere esto: el verdadero milagro es el don que sucede en cada sacrificio de la misa que se celebra. Él nos reúne a su montaña y nos alimenta con la Santa Eucaristía. Esto es para lo que nos estaba preparando, una comprensión de cómo alimentaría nuestras almas, fortaleciéndonos para la vida eterna. Este es, desde el comienzo, una enseñanza que es difícil para los cristianos de entonces y ahora. Su alimento será la Santa Eucaristía, su cuerpo y sangre bajo la apariencia de pan y vino. Para entender la Santa Eucaristía, hágase estas preguntas que surgen del Evangelio de hoy: --¿Crees en la Autoridad Divina de Jesús? --¿Crees que Jesús conoce nuestras necesidades? --¿Crees que Jesús tiene un inmenso amor por nosotros? "Porque mi carne es verdadero alimento y mi sangre es verdadera bebida". (Jn. 6:55) ¿De verdad crees? Bienaventurados son ustedes.
ACA Report as of 6/23/2021
Annual Catholic Appeal (ACA) Information
San Juan Bautista and Tewa Missions Goal for 2021 is $29,600.
The Annual Catholic Appeal (ACA) for 2021 campaign has begun. If you did not receive an ACA envelope in the mail, there are some located at the back of the church. You can place the completed form and envelope in the collection basket. It is best to use a check when using the envelopes.
DONATE NOW - Make a one-time donation, or set up a payment plan with a frequency that is convenient for you.
PLEDGE HERE - Not yet ready to donate: Make your pledge herre, and we will send you regular pledge balance reminders.
If you prefer to make your pledge or donation over the phone, please call 505.831.8138, or click here to contact ACA directly. Please provide your name and phone #, and if you would like to talk with a Spanish-speaking representative.
Schedule for Accepting Mass Intentions
Mass Intention Helpful Guidelines
- Mass intentions must be requested two weeks in advance to ensure it gets into the bulletin.
- The suggested mass stipend offering is $10 per mass.
- Three (3) intentions can be offered per mass stipend.
- Mass intention requests must be done in the parish office. no mass intention or money shall be accepted outside the office.
- Parishioners can request mass intentions by using the "Mass Intention Envelopes" located at the back of the church and placed in the collection basket. If envelopes are used, please be sure to include a phone number. Mass time requested on the envelope is not guaranteed.
A big thank you to all of you who are using our online giving option. During this time of church occupancy limits as well as for those not ready to attend in-person Sunday Mass, this option may be one you might consider. I recommend using the Memorare and the Prayer to St. Michael. If you need anything, please call the office during office hours or the priests on their phones at all other times.
Fr. Jose Herrera
How do new parishioners register for an account?
Readings for the week of August 1, 2021
- Sunday: Ex 16:2-4, 12-15 / Ps 78:3-4, 23-24, 25, 54 [24b] / Eph 4:17, 20-24 / Jn 6:24-35
- Monday: Nm 11:4b-15 / Ps 81:12-13, 14-15, 16-17 [2a] / Mt 14:13-21
- Tuesday: Nm 12:1-13 / Ps 51:3-4, 5-6ab, 6cd-7, 12-13 [cf. 3a] / Mt 14:22-36 or
- Mt 15: 1-2, 10-14
- Wednesday: Nm 13:1-2, 25—14:1, 26-29a, 34-35 / Ps 106:6-7ab, 13-14, 21-22, 23 [4a] / http://www.usccb.org/bible/readings/080521.cfm
- Mt 15: 21-28
- Thursday: Nm 20:1-13 / Ps 95:1-2, 6-7, 8-9  / Mt 16:13-23
- Friday: Dn 7:9-10, 13-14 / Ps 97:1-2, 5-6, 9 [1a and 9a] / 2 Pt 1:16-19 / Mk 9:2-10
- Saturday: Dn 6:4-13 / Ps 18: 28, 3-4. 47 and 51 / Mk 17:14-20
- Next Sunday: 1 Kgs 19:4-8 / Ps 34:2-3, 4-5, 6-7, 8-9 [9a] / Eph 4:30—5:2 / Jn 6:41-51
- Fr. Jose Geronimo Herrera, Parish Administrator
- Fr. Nathan Lopez, Parochial Vicar
- Deaon Miguel Salazar, Deacon
- Deacon John Bird, Deacon
- Deacon Greg Aguilar, Deacon
- Rose Gallegos, Office Manager/Bookkeeper
- Monica Naranjo, Receptionist
- Robert Gress, Mainenance Manager
- Alice Martinez, Bulletin Editor
- Website Editor, Website Editor
ASF Abuse Awareness Course
ASF Abuse Awareness Course click here
The Archdiocese of Santa Fe policy mandates that all volunteers attend the Abuse Awareness Training for Adults.
People of God
People of God online click here