Parish News - Updated 12/1/2022
- Immaculate Conception masses will be held at San Juan are as follows: Wednesday, December 7th at 6:00 p.m.; Thursday, December 8th at 9:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.
- Effective Friday, December 12, 2022 the Parish Office will no longer be open on Friday's.
- The obligation of the faithful to assist at Sunday Mass and all other Holy Days of Obligation has been reinstated. Click here to read letter from the Most Reverend John C. Wester, Archbishop of Santa Fe.
- August 2022 Monthly Financial Report has been posted. Please select the "Finance Reports" tab.
1st Thursday Adoration
Reflection for 4 December
December 4, 2022
Second Sunday of Advent
For six years I lived with a priest from Iraq. His hospitality was amazing. Every single morning, he would greet me with gracious words and a friendly tone. “Father, good morning! It’s good to see you, my friend!” He never stopped doing it, even though we lived in the same house for years. It was remarkable, and I never forgot it.
It’s not easy to welcome those we live with, is it? Familiarity, grudges, resentments, fatigue, and distractions gunk up our daily interactions. Saint Paul says in Romans 15:7, “Welcome one another, therefore, just as Christ has welcomed you, for the glory of God.” How has Christ welcomed us? With mercy, tenderness, joy, and above all, love … not because we deserve it, but “for the glory of God.”New year challenge: This morning, how did you greet the first three persons you encountered? If you’re like me, it was a bit routine, token, and love-less. I invite you this week to increase the love with which you greet people — especially if you see them every day. Instead of saying, “Hey” try “Good morning, beautiful.” Instead of “Hi” try “It’s really good to see you, how are you?” and so on. Above all, greet them with love. That’s how the Lord welcomes us.
— Father John Muir
Schedule for Accepting Mass Intentions
Mass Intention Helpful Guidelines
- Mass intentions must be requested two weeks in advance to ensure it gets into the bulletin.
- The suggested mass stipend offering is $10 per mass.
- Three (3) intentions can be offered per mass stipend.
- Mass intention requests must be done in the parish office. no mass intention or money shall be accepted outside the office.
- Click here to print a mass intention form that can be used to take to the office to expedite the scheduling process.
A big thank you to all of you who are using our online giving option. During this time of church occupancy limits as well as for those not ready to attend in-person Sunday Mass, this option may be one you might consider. I recommend using the Memorare and the Prayer to St. Michael. If you need anything, please call the office during office hours or the priests on their phones at all other times.
Fr. Nathan Lopez
Annual Catholic Appeal (ACA) 2022 Report
Report as of 7/31/2022
Total Registered Families: 773
Pledges fully paid: 58
Current actual shortfall: $9,918.00
Annual Catholic Appeal (ACA) Information
San Juan Bautista and Tewa Missions Goal for 2022 is $29,000.
The Annual Catholic Appeal (ACA) for 2022 campaign has begun. If you did not receive an ACA envelope in the mail, there are some located at the back of the church. You can place the completed form and envelope in the collection basket. It is best to use a check when using the envelopes.
DONATE NOW - Make a one-time donation, or set up a payment plan with a frequency that is convenient for you.
PLEDGE HERE - Not yet ready to donate: Make your pledge here, and we will send you regular pledge balance reminders.
If you prefer to make your pledge or donation over the phone, please call 505.831.8138, or click here to view their website. Please provide your name and phone #, and if you would like to talk with a Spanish-speaking representative.
How do new parishioners register for an account?
Readings for the week of December 4, 2022
- Sunday: Is 11:1-10 / Ps 72:1-2, 7-8, 12-13, 17 / Rom 15:4-9 / Mt 3:1-12
- Monday: Is 35:1-10 / Ps 85:9ab and 10, 11-12, 13-14 / Lk 5:17-26
- Tuesday: Is 40:1-11 / Ps 96:1-2, 3 and 10ac, 11-12, 13 / Mt 18:12-14
- Wednesday: Is 40:25-31 / Ps 103:1-2, 3-4, 8 and 10 / Mt 11:28-30
- Thursday: Gn 3:9-15, 20 / Ps 98:1, 2-3ab, 3cd-4 / Eph 1:3-6, 11-12 / Lk 1:26-38
- Friday: Is 48:17-19 / Ps 1:1-2, 3, 4 and 6 / Mt 11:16-19
- Saturday: Sir 48:1-4, 9-11 / Ps 80:2ac and 3b, 15-16, 18-19 / Mt 17:9a, 10-13
- Next Sunday: Is 35:1-6a, 10 / Ps 146:6-7, 8-9, 9-10 / Jas 5:7-10 / Mt 11:2-11
- Fr. Nathan Lopez, Pastor
- Fr. Benny Sebastian, Parochial Vicar
- Deaon Miguel Salazar, Deacon
- Deacon John Bird, Deacon
- Deacon Greg Aguilar, Deacon
- Rose Gallegos, Office Manager/Bookkeeper
- Monica Naranjo, Receptionist
- Robert Gress, Maintenance/Custodian
- Alice Martinez, Bulletin Editor
- Website Editor, Website Editor
ASF Abuse Awareness Course
ASF Abuse Awareness Course click here
The Archdiocese of Santa Fe policy mandates that all volunteers attend the Abuse Awareness Training for Adults.
People of God
People of God online click here