Fr. Nathan Lopez will be presenting a series of lectures on God's Mercy on Tuesdays during the month of March at 6:30 PM following the 6:00 PM mass. YOU ARE ALL WELCOME!
Break-in at St. Anne's Church
St. Anne's Church in Alcalde next to the Post Office was broken into on Thursday evening 2/11/2021 or Friday, 2/12/2021.
Parish News - Updated 2/24/2021
- We are livestreaming the stations of the cross every Friday during Lent. Please go San Juan Bautista Parish and Tewa Missions on YouTube to watch. In addition, we are livestreaming the Sunday, 7:30 AM mass.
- We are in the planning stages of a 2021 raffle for San Juan Bautista Parish. We are hoping to get tickets ordered and mailed to parishioners very soon. We will keep you posted as things progress.
- The ACA Report as of 2/24/2021 has been posted, scroll down to view.
- January 2021 Monthly Financial Report has been posted. Please select the “Finance Reports” tab.
- You can also find us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/sanjuan.bautista.39904.
Mass Schedule Change
Mass schedule changes, effective January 17th
Until the situation with COVID improves, we have made the TEMPORARY mass schedule changes at San Juan.
- No Spanish mass on Sunday at 5:30 p.m.
- The Sunday 7:30 a.m. mass will now be bilingual.
If you had a mass intention scheduled for the Sunday 5:30 p.m. mass, Monica from the Parish Office will contact you to move it to another mass time.
An Act of Spiritual Communion
My Jesus, I believe that Thou art present in the Blessed Sacrament.
I love Thee above all things, and I desire Thee in my soul.
Since I cannot now receive Thee sacramentally, come at least spiritually into my heart. As though Thou wert already there, I embrace Thee and unite myself wholly to Thee; permit not that I should ever be separated from Thee.
Prayer during the Corona virus threat
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thine intercession was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my mother; to thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me.
Reflection for 28 February 2021
Reflection for 28 February 2021
2nd Sunday of Lent
Deacon John Bird
In the Gospel for the 1st Sunday in Lent, we heard “This is the time of fulfillment, repent and believe in the Gospel.” This 2nd Sunday of Lent, Jesus Christ’ divinity is revealed to the apostles and to us. The old Law (Moses), the old testament (Prophets) and the presence of the Holy Trinity, Father, Son, and Holy Ghost. This encounter for Peter, James and John was a foreshadowing of what was to happen in Jerusalem. This experience for Peter, James, and John happened in order to strengthen their faith for the Passion Our Lord would endure. “The Kingdom of God is at hand, now.” Today’s Gospel points us to Jesus Christ the Word, when God powerfully speaks from the cloud, “This is my Beloved Son, listen to Him.”
This week let us reflect on our strength of faith and ask ourselves:
- Do we really believe Jesus Christ is God’s Son?
- Do we really listen to Him?
- Do we seek his truth through the Gospel?
If the answer is “no”, then this Lenten time for you may mean nothing. But, if the answer is “yes”, our hearts and eyes will be opened, our faith strengthened, and our actions of prayer, fasting, and almsgiving will reflect our strength of faith.
Blessings to you as you listen to the Son of God, Jesus Christ.
Reflexión para el 28 de febrero de 2021
Segundo domingo de Cuaresma
Diácono John Bird
En el Evangelio del primer domingo de Cuaresma, escuchamos: "Este es el momento de la realización, del arrepentimiento y de creer en el Evangelio". Este 2º domingo de Cuaresma, la divinidad de Jesucristo se revela a los apóstoles y a nosotros. La antigua Ley (Moisés), el antiguo testamento (Profetas) y la presencia de la Santísima Trinidad, padre, Hijo y Espíritu Santo. Este encuentro para Pedro, Santiago y Juan fue un presagio de lo que iba a suceder en Jerusalén. Esta experiencia para Pedro, Santiago y Juan sucedió con el fin de fortalecer su fe ante la Pasión que nuestro Señor perduraría. "El Reino de Dios está cerca, ahora." El Evangelio de hoy nos señala a Jesucristo la Palabra, cuando Dios habla poderosamente desde la nube: "Este es mi Hijo Amado, escúchalo"." Esta semana reflexionemos sobre nuestra fe y preguntémonos:
Silarespuestaes"no",entoncesestetiempocuaresmalparatipuedenosignificarnada.Pero,silarespuestaes"sí",nuestroscorazonesyojosseránabiertos,nuestrafefortalecida,ynuestrasaccionesdeoración,ayuno,limosnareflejarán la fuerza de nuestra fe.
Bendiciones para ti al escuchar al Hijo de Dios, Jesucristo.
ACA Report as of 2/24/2021
Annual Catholic Appeal (ACA) Information
San Juan Bautista and Tewa Missions Goal for 2021 is $29,600.
The Annual Catholic Appeal (ACA) for 2021 campaign has begun. If you did not receive an ACA envelope in the mail, there are some located at the back of the church. You can place the completed form and envelope in the collection basket. It is best to use a check when using the envelopes.
DONATE NOW - Make a one-time donation, or set up a payment plan with a frequency that is convenient for you.
PLEDGE HERE - Not yet ready to donate: Make your pledge herre, and we will send you regular pledge balance reminders.
If you prefer to make your pledge or donation over the phone, please call 505.831.8138, or click here to contact ACA directly. Please provide your name and phone #, and if you would like to talk with a Spanish-speaking representative.
Schedule for Accepting Mass Intentions
Mass Intention Helpful Guidelines
- Mass intentions must be requested two weeks in advance to ensure it gets into the bulletin.
- The suggested mass stipend offering is $10 per mass.
- Three (3) intentions can be offered per mass stipend.
- Mass intention requests must be done in the parish office. no mass intention or money shall be accepted outside the office.
- Parishioners can request mass intentions by using the "Mass Intention Envelopes" located at the back of the church and placed in the collection basket. If envelopes are used, please be sure to include a phone number.
A big thank you to all of you who are using our online giving option. During this time of church occupancy limits as well as for those not ready to attend in-person Sunday Mass, this option may be one you might consider. I recommend using the Memorare and the Prayer to St. Michael. If you need anything, please call the office during office hours or the priests on their phones at all other times.
Fr. Jose Herrera
How do new parishioners register for an account?
Readings for the week of February 28, 2021
- Sunday: Gn 22:1-2, 9a, 10-13, 15-18 / Ps 116:10, 15, 16-17, 18-19  / Rom 8:31b-34 / Mk 9:2-10
- Monday: Dn 9:4b-10 / Ps 79:8, 9 11 and 13 [cf. 103:10a] / Lk 6:36-38
- Tuesday: Is 1:10, 16-20 / Ps 50:8-9, 16bc-17, 21 and 23 [23b] / Mt 23:1-12
- Wednesday: Jer 18:18-20 / Ps 31:5-6, 14, 15-16 [17b] / Mt 20:17-28
- Thursday: Jer 17:5-10 / Ps 1:1-2, 3, 4 and 6 [40:5a] / Lk 16:19-31
- Friday: Gn 37:3-4, 12-13a, 17b-28a / Ps 105:16-17, 18-19, 20-21 [5a] / Mt 21:33-43, 45-46
- Saturday: Mi 7:14-15, 18-20 / Ps 103:1-2, 3-4, 9-10, 11-12 [8a] / Lk 15:1-3, 11-32
- Next Sunday: Ex 20:1-17 or 20:1-3, 7-8, 12-17 / Ps 19:8, 9, 10, 11 [Jn 6:68c] / 1 Cor 1:22-25 / Jn 2:13-25 or Ex 17:3-7 / Ps 95:1-2, 6-7, 8-9  / Rom 5:1-2, 5-8 / Jn 4:5-42 or 4:5-15, 19b-26, 39a, 40-42
- Fr. Jose Geronimo Herrera, Parish Administrator
- Fr. Nathan Lopez, Parochial Vicar
- Deaon Miguel Salazar, Deacon
- Deacon John Bird, Deacon
- Deacon Greg Aguilar, Deacon
- Rose Gallegos, Bookkeeper / Office Manager
- Monica Naranjo, Receptionist
- Robert Gress, Mainenance Manager
- Alice Martinez, Bulletin Editor
- Website Editor, Website Editor
ASF Abuse Awareness Course
ASF Abuse Awareness Course click here
The Archdiocese of Santa Fe policy mandates that all volunteers attend the Abuse Awareness Training for Adults.
People of God
People of God online click here