Message from Fr. Herrera
Great news. Beginning on Saturday, 21 November we will once again begin offering indoor Sunday Masses. Beginning on November 23 we will begin offering indoor daily Mass in English at 6:00PM. Thank you all for your patience and understanding. Also we ask those who come to Mass here at San Juan to don your masks when you exit your cars to come in to Church in respect of the policies and directives and requests of Ohkay Owingeh Pueblo.
Parish News - Updated 11/18/2020
- Santa Clara Pueblo has not opened up the church for masses.
- FHC and Confirmation I & II will not be having classes Sunday, November 22nd.
- Parish Office will be CLOSED Thursday, November 26th and Friday, November 27th for the Thanksgiving Holiday.
- Religious education registration is CLOSED for this school year.
- Livestreaming of the Sunday, 9:00 a.m. mass has been put on hold.
- Annual Catholic Appeal Report as of October 28th has been posted, please scroll down to view.
- September’s Monthly Financial Report has been posted, please select the “Finance Reports” tab.
An Act of Spiritual Communion
My Jesus, I believe that Thou art present in the Blessed Sacrament.
I love Thee above all things, and I desire Thee in my soul.
Since I cannot now receive Thee sacramentally, come at least spiritually into my heart. As though Thou wert already there, I embrace Thee and unite myself wholly to Thee; permit not that I should ever be separated from Thee.
Prayer during the Corona virus threat
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thine intercession was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my mother; to thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me.
Reflection for 29 November
Reflection for 29 November
First Sunday of Advent
Deacon Greg Aguilar
This Sunday is the 1st Sunday of Advent, but what does Advent mean? It means “a coming” and it refers to the coming of the Lord. We see in the gospel that we are to be watchful and alert in our lives always looking for Christ in everyone we see and alert for when he speaks to us through other people. In 2nd Sunday Advent, we will be told to prepare the way of the Lord. Let us be open to Jesus and prepare our hearts for him. The 3rd Sunday Advent is called Gaudete Sunday which means “Rejoice.” We are to be joyful at Jesus' coming and be ready. The 4th Sunday of Advent the gospel is the Annunciation to Mary. With Mary's yes, Jesus is truly coming to us through our Blessed Mother. This Christmas He will be coming into a world some of us have never seen with this pandemic. We pray that by his birth he will bring healing to us.
Reflexión para el 29 de noviembre
Este domingo es el primer domingo de Adviento, Pero, ¿qué significa El Adviento? Significa "una venida" y se refiere a la venida del Señor. Vemos en el Evangelio que debemos estar atentos y alerta en nuestra vida siempre buscando a Cristo en todos los que vemos y alertos cuando nos habla a través de otras personas. En el 2o Domingo de Adviento se nos dirá que preparemos el camino del Señor. Seamos abiertos a Jesús y preparemos nuestros corazones para él. El Tercer Domingo de Adviento se llama Domingo de Gaudete, que significa "Alegría". Debemos ser gozosos con la venida de Jesús y estar preparados. El 4o Domingo de Adviento el Evangelio es el anuncio a María. Con el sí de María, Jesús viene verdaderamente a nosotros a través de nuestra Santísima Madre. Esta Navidad vendrá a un mundo que algunos de nosotros nunca hemos visto con esta pandemia. Oramos para que su nacimiento nos traiga sanación.
A big thank you to all of you who are using our online giving option during this time in which we cannot open our doors for Sunday Mass. For those of you unable to do so I ask that we continue to unite together in prayer that we will soon be able to gather again for the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass. I recommend using the Memorare and the Prayer to St. Michael. If you need anything, please call the office during office hours or the priests on their phones at all other times.
How do new parishioners register for an account?
Annual Catholic Appeal 2020 Report
Readings for the week of November 22, 2020
- Sunday: Ez 34:11-12, 15-17 / Ps 23:1-2, 2-3, 5-6  / 1 Cor 15:20-26, 28 / Mt 25:31-46
- Monday: Rv 14:1-3, 4b-5 / Ps 24:1bc-2, 3-4ab, 5-6 [cf. 6] / Lk 21:1-4
- Tuesday: Rv 14:14-19 / Ps 96:10, 11-12, 13 [13b] / Lk 21:5-11
- Wednesday: Rv 15:1-4 / Ps 98:1, 2-3ab, 7-8, 9 [Rev 15:3b] / Lk 21:12-19
- Thursday: Rv 18:1-2, 21-23; 19:1-3, 9a / Ps 100:1b-2, 3, 4, 5 [Rev 19:9a] / Lk 21:20-28
- Friday: Rv 20:1-4, 11—21:2 / Ps 84:3, 4, 5-6a and 8a [Rev 21:3b] / Lk 21:29-33
- Saturday: Rv 22:1-7 / Ps 95:1-2, 3-5, 6-7ab [1 Cor 16:22b] / Lk 21:34-36
- Next Sunday: Is 63:16b-17, 19b; 64:2-7 / Ps 80:2-3, 15-16, 18-19  / 1 Cor 1:3-9 / Mk 13:33-37
- Fr. Jose Geronimo Herrera, Parish Administrator
- Fr. Nathan Lopez, Parochial Vicar
- Deaon Miguel Salazar, Deacon
- Deacon John Bird, Deacon
- Deacon Greg Aguilar, Deacon
- Rose Gallegos, Bookkeeper / Office Manager
- Monica Naranjo, Receptionist
- Robert Gress, Mainenance Manager
- Alice Martinez, Bulletin Editor
- Website Editor, Website Editor
ASF Abuse Awareness Course
ASF Abuse Awareness Course click here
The Archdiocese of Santa Fe policy mandates that all volunteers attend the Abuse Awareness Training for Adults.
People of God
People of God online click here